Welcome to Current Awareness Portal
Current Awareness Portal is a website which announces information on library and library and information science created by the National Diet Library of Japan (NDL). Most of contents are originally written in Japanese, and some of them are translated and available in English here.
When you click [日本語] or the menu tab (CA-R, CA-E, CA, 調査研究) at the header, you can read Japanese contents.
Current Awareness English New Article
- 2023-09-27E2609e – Responses to COVID-19 by Public Libraries in Japan (2): Research by the National Diet Library
- 2023-09-27E2606e – Establishment of the National Center for Art Research and the Initiatives of its Research Resources Group
- 2023-06-20CA2042e – The State of Digital Humanities and Japanese Studies in North America: Developments, Collaborations, and Challenges / Paula R. Curtis
- 2023-03-29E2563e – “Anime TAIZEN”: A Comprehensive Japanese Animation Database
- 2023-03-29E2548e – Expansion of the Scope of Online Publications Collecting by the National Diet Library
- 2023-03-29E2533e – Release of the NDL Ngram Viewer: A Service to Visualize Full-Text Data
- 2023-03-29E2529e – Launch of Digitized Contents Transmission Service for Individuals
- 2023-03-29E2498e – Towards “Library Newsletters that Students Want to Read”
- 2022-12-23CA2031e – The Data Visualization Roadshow: A data visualization session provided by an academic library / Devin R. Bayly, Jeffrey C. Oliver
- 2022-10-07E2497e – Response to COVID-19 by Public Libraries in Japan: Research by the National Diet Library
- 2022-10-07E2411e – Release of a Video Related to the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake in Partnership with a Local Television Station
- 2022-05-09E2376e – Status of Libraries in the Aftermath of the Great East Japan Earthquake (As of April 20, 2021)
- 2022-05-09E2401e – NDL Develops Basic Plan for Long-Term Preservation of Digital Materials 2021-2025
- 2022-05-09E2441e – Celebrating the Fifth Anniversary of the Appointment of Mukunyan as the Cat Chief
- 2021-11-19CA1673e – Research literature review: Library History
- 2023-09-27Two English articles newly available on the Current Awareness Portal from 27 September, 2023.
- 2023-03-29Five English articles newly available on the Current Awareness Portal from 29 March, 2023.
- 2022-11-28Welcome to the New Current Awareness Portal!
- 2022-10-07Two English articles newly available on the Current Awareness Portal from 7 October, 2022.
- 2022-05-09Three English articles newly available on the Current Awareness Portal from 9 May, 2022.